Friday, April 18, 2008

Deep thoughts....

Ive been thinking all morning about actions. Weird..I know. But this morning I was driving the girls to school, and nearly got hit. The lady in front of me..decided at the last second that she needed to be in a turning lane...where 3 cars were waiting to turn. So she came to a complete stop in our lane wanting to get into the turn lane. I slammed on my brakes and then noticed a 4-runner behind me nearly miss me and swerve into the other lane. It was so close..and because we were going 60 he would have given us a good hit! Now the lady that made the decision to stop probably would not have been hit...but the 4-runner and I would have been a mess not to mention the other cars around us. The lady probably would have just kept on driving not knowing the mess she had left behind her. My heart was beating hard for nearly an hour..and I was so frustrated with her for making such a stupid decision. I have 4 kids in the car and they could have been seriously hurt because of her stupid decision. I have calmed down now...but have been thinking about how our actions affect others whether positively or negatively. So we need to be aware of the decisions we are making..and make sure we are affecting others postively and not making a mess behind us wherever we go. So those are my deep thoughts for today! Im so glad that 4-runner had quick reflexes and swerved out of the way..my day would have been very different had he plowed into us. I feel we were being watched over this morning and Im squeezing my kids extra tight tonight!

PS..I was googling for a picture of a Honda Odyssey that had been in an accident...and couldnt find any. That made me feel a little better knowing we were driving a safe vehicle...but I dont care to see all those air bags pop out...ever.

5 comments:

Humphreys Family said...

Oooohhh, that's deep Lis.
Now you got me thinking.....

MaryandDan said...

I think that it is age Lisa. The older I get, the more I think....... and especially the more I think what a HUGE affect we have on people for the good or the negative. When someone is nice and caring, it makes my day, causes a chain reaction for me to be nicer, help and love others........ and when I have negative interactions, the chain reaction goes the other way, we really have the capacity for good!

MaryandDan said...

PS I am so grateful you are all okay!!

Delaine said...

it is so true you should read 5 people you meet in heaven i can't remember what the authors name is but he also wrot tuesdays with maury it makes you think that way

The Amado's est 1996 said...

I am glad you made it to school and back home safely!!

Love,

Ingrid