Friday, April 18, 2008

I am so NOT Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray....

I caught a few minutes of Rachel Ray the other day..she had Trisha Yearwood on as a guest. They were making a german chocolate cake that Trisha always makes for Garth Brooks on his birthday! It looked sooooo good..and I love German Chocolate Cake...so I thought Id give it a go. Mike's parents were bringing over his Grandma to see the baby..so I thought..perfect....Ill make this cake. Well I found a few minutes in the afternoon and looked up the recipe... darn it...I was missing 1/2 of the ingredients and had no time to dash to the store. So I had to majorly cheat and use a german chocolate cake mix...but I thought ...I could make the icing. So I did..and then assembled. And this was the result...a lopsided disaster!!

2 comments:

MaryandDan said...

oh, my goodness it looks delicious!!! It is my favorite as well!!! If this is your favorite cake, you have to try those Coconut Brownies! They are heavenly. I will re-send the recipe to you. Delicious when hot!

Delaine said...

oh my that looks good to a pregnant lady the is craving something mmmmmm could that be it