Thursday, October 16, 2008

8 Months and Mobile?!?

8 MONTHS OLD!!!
James celebrated his 8 month birthday while staying with the Dahl's (in fact, Mary celebrated her birthday the same day!!) This month has brought many new fun changes. He is much more balanced while sitting, he rolls all over the place, and he now scoots BACKWARD!! It is hilarious! I put him in the family room today and had to answer the phone, while on the phone, I watched him scoot backwards all the way into the kitchen and under the kitchen table where he got stuck between chair legs! It was so funny! His other new trick is that from a laying position, he can get up into a sitting position! I have found him SITTING in his crib after his naps!! Good thing I lowered that crib!! What a fun stage this is. He is babbling a lot now and prefers the DADADA's over the MAMAMA's no matter how much I coach him. He also has started patty caking and is so darn proud of himself! It seems he is just growing and changing and learning new tricks over night! We never know what the next day is going to bring! So fun!!!


7 comments:

Humphreys Family said...

I love the picture of James doing pushups lol. I just love his smile, could you get a happier baby.

Christine said...

Hey Lisa,
What a cute boy! To me he keeps looking more like Mike.
Also, Hawaii looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Scary helicopter ride though, I don't think my stomach could handle it. Brian would have made me do the 11 mile grind for sure.
If we come to Hawaii in March will it be mountain climbing and driving to far corners of the island down 45 degree slopes in rickety old vans? Someone will have to promise me it won't be. LOL

The Dunham's said...

Hahahahaha you make me laugh Christine!! March will be VERY relaxing resort style!! Remember we will have a zillion kids..and they just want the pool and beach and I dont care to haul them around ANYWHERE!! So YEAH! COME!!!

Kristin said...

Hes so cute!! I love the pushups and the no hands or legs swimming position!!!

The Amado's est 1996 said...

In those pictures, looks like James has been doing workout classes.... hahaha... He is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

How fun that James is mobile! Fun to discover your blog too! I am in love with your family pictures at the beach!
nicole

The Taylor Family said...

He is growing SO fast! It is so amazing how quicly they change! Only 4 weeks to go for me, yikes!!!