Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our 1st Tree


Paige was SOOOOO excited to get a tree at school today!!  She could not wait to get it planted.  Unfortunately we are just starting to do our yard...so if we planted it today...it would not survive the yard work ahead in the next few weeks.  Soooo we compromised and decided to put it in her cute pot she made until we could properly plant it in our yard!  She got it all planted and then was concerned when she read that the tree could grow to be 30ft tall!  She thinks she will need a new pot! I explained that we would house it in the pot for a few weeks until we could get it planted in the yard. Then we could just sit back and watch it grow to be 30ft tall!  She cannot wait to see it full grown!  Hopefully we wont kill it in the meantime...wish us luck!

4 comments:

Humphreys Family said...

Good luck with the tree Paige! Give it lots of water (but don't drown it).

Kristin said...

aww cute tree!!! That reminds me of Blake's tree at the Lake house... that thing has gotta be big by now!!!

Emma said...

i remember when we got trees in grade 1. My grandma helpes me plant it at her ranch. It didn't live very long.

Michelle said...

I got a tree for my baptism from our home teachers. I was suppose to plant it and watch it grow like my testimony would. It died, I don't know what that says about my testimony. Hope you guys have better luck!