Monday, July 13, 2009

Island Park, Idaho -- A trip to Mesa Falls

Sunday after our adventure to church....we decided to check out Mesa Falls. So we all packed up and headed out! As we got closer to our destination, I started snapping pictures out the window, noting that we were approaching some DARK clouds!!
The cars were parked and entrance fees were paid and the first drops of rain began! They fell fast and hard so we waited in our cars. Mike had taken off with our car keys and I had left a window down. Luckily, McGyver (Dad) was parked next to me and provided an umbrella! Whew!




As soon as the rain slowed, McGyver was drying off his vehicle. We all chuckled.



Here we are about to attempt the falls. We are all offspring of McGyver but not one of us was prepared in any way for rain! So we grabbed whatever items we could find in our vehicles to use as coats and rain gear! Channy the fashionista wore a cute plastic bag!




It began raining again so we sprinted for the museum to wait out the rest of the storm. This was fun and educational for the kids.

The museum. Luckily the storm moved on quickly and we were able to view the falls! Im so glad we waited because the view was worth the wait!




The falls were amazing with a mist that arose up the valley. It was so green and moist it was hard to believe we were in Idaho where typically it is dry.


My mom overlooking the falls!

James was full of more WOW's. He loved the views! I could not get him to ever look at the camera (pretty much the whole summer I only have the side or back of his head).


This picture cracks me up...

We drove up out of the valley a bit to the other falls. These were just as spectacular! Wow!
Family photo

Finally a smile from my boy!!

Sweet Stephanie

This was a great little trip and well worth it! We left with much laughter and fun memories. We will not soon forget Mesa Falls!

2 comments:

Humphreys Family said...

Haha, McGyver.... I think i'm offspring of a McGyver too...

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Island Park to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane