Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grandma and Auntie Mary Visit!!!!!


We were so lucky this week to have fun visitors! My Grandma Bullock and Auntie Mary were on a road trip and our house was one of their stops!

James was so friendly and LOVED the attention!  He would bring all his toys over to Grandma to play. He would play peek-a-boo and try and find his new friends when he woke up in the morning!


The girls LOVED getting to know Grandma and she taught them some new card games!  They loved playing and hearing her stories!  We laughed and laughed. As soon as I picked up the girls from school the first thing they would ask was if Grandma and Mary were going to be around! So cute! 
 I loved visiting with my grandma and hearing how everyone is doing. I loved her stories from the past including the story of my Grandpa's cousin from Taber that was 'murdered'!! What scandal!  At one point my grandma said....

'Oh we NEVER thought we would be this old! (giggle giggle). When I married your Grandpa I would have bargained for just a few years! It was war time and you just never knew how long you would have to be together.'  

My grandparents have been married 67 YEARS in June! My grandpa will celebrate his 91st birthday in August. He has always treated my grandma like gold!! What an inspiration!  Im also so impressed with my Grandma's memory! (WOW). She is so good to point out the good in people and overlook their faults.  She says 

'In the end....you just have to treat others kindly...nothing else matters.'  

What a gem my grandma is!! Auntie Mary was a bubble of sunshine and just how I have always remembered her!  These ladies were BUSY while here. They had so many old friends to connect with and they had such nice visits with each of them!  We loved having them come visit! Thank you Grandma and Auntie Mary for brightening our home for a few days!!
(I didnt even get a picture of Auntie Mary...she was so popular and off visiting!)


I forgot to mention that my grandma went out to the air museum at the Calgary Airport. They are working on a display that will hilight my grandpa and his helicopter business that he started with his 2 brothers here years ago...BULLOCK HELICOPTERS. The display is called 'From Horses to Helicopters'. My grandma loved this title.  He did many things with his helicopters and one hilight was mountain rescue. Before helicopters the rescues were done by horse. What a change the helicopters brought! My grandpa and his brother sold the Helicopter business when the 3rd brother was killed while flying in one of the helicopters.  This was devastating for them and they lost all enthusiasm for the business. The display will be up in July with a similar helicopter that they flew.  Cant wait to see it.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

cute post!!! I always loved playing card games with grandma... and you need to share this scandal story with me! Haha can't wait til we are that old travelling the country together ;)

legally blonde said...

That's so fun!!!!

Bullock's News said...

Hey, what fun visitors. We have a virus so I now have to use Blake's computer. Could you send me a recent picture of your family. One from Hawaii would be great. If emmy isn't in it, send a separate one of her. You can send it to my email and I'll get it. Thx. Kan

MaryandDan said...

Loved hearing these stories and want to hear the story of the murder. Loved the wisdom and advice of treating others kindly...it is so true that in the end, nothing else does matter. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Cute, I love all her advice. Sounds like you had a great visit.