Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thai Chicken Noodle Salad


THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD
Marinade:
3 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Marinate 4 chicken breasts for 1/2 hour, then bake @ 350 for 40-60 min. or til done.
(Note: We BBQ'd the chicken tonight and it was great too)
 
Peanut sauce:
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. water
Heat sauce ingredients together, whisking til combined.
 
Layers for the salad:
romaine lettuce chopped or torn
rice vermicelli cooked (follow pkg)
cooked chicken sliced up
chopped green onion
chopped peanuts (optional)
peanut sauce
chopped cilantro (opt)

My sister Kristin is in a recipe funk (see her blog link) so she wanted me to post a recipe. This is one of our favorites and perfect for summer!  My friend Christy made this for me when I was on bedrest and I LOVED it!  All my girls LOVE it too!  I also want to plug my SIL Christine's blog if you are looking for some delicious recipes. She has been posting some awesome Vegetarian Dishes (complete with pictures)...so drop by her blog for some fresh new ideas!

6 comments:

Marissa. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marissa. said...

yum yum this is one of my favorites too <3

legally blonde said...

that looks sooo good!!!

Dunham Fun said...

looks good-similar to a lettuce wrap recipe i have-i checked out christine's too-i need to try some -i just wish the ingredients were all magically in my fridge! it's 5 oclock already!

Kristin said...

thanks for posting!!! Im adding it to my list.. i want it right this second lol!

Emma said...

I love that food! It is one of my favourite dinners. I had it for my birthday dinner